Porcelain decorative plate "Tulips"
Artist/Maker: State porcelain factory
Artist/Maker Dates: 1744 - present
Place of Production: Russia (USSR), Saint Petersburg (Petrograd)
Date of Production: 1919
Materials: porcelain, underglaze hand painting
Diameter: 24.0 cm.
Condition notes: Wear consistent with age and use
The Imperial Porcelain Factory is a producer of fine, handpainted
ceramic products in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was established by
Dmitry Ivanovich Vinogradov in the town of Oranienbaum (Lomonosov) in
1744. Many still refer to the factory by its well-known former name,
Lomonosov Porcelain Factory. With the abolition of the Russian monarchy
in 1917, the Imperial Porcelain Factory was renamed “State Porcelain
Factory” (GFZ -Gossudarstvennyi Farforovyi Zavod) by the Bolshevik
regime. During the early years of the Soviet Union, the GFZ produced
so-called propaganda wares, ranging from plates to figurines of the
In 1925, on the occasion of the 200th jubilee of the Russian Academy of Science, it was given the name of the academy’s founder, Mikhail Lomonosov. It became known as the Leningrad Lomonosov Porcelain Factory (LFZ - Leningradski Farforovyi Zavod imeni M.V. Lomonosova). The newly-christened Lomonosov factory produced a range of wares, including collectible animal figurines and dinner sets.
- Log in to see the cost for shipping this lot to your address.
Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.
Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
Doma Antikvariāts accepts the following payment methods: